General FAQs

If you have a question that is not addressed here, please contact the Center for Community Engagement at or 757-594-7233

I am having trouble finding a service site, what should I do?

There are a number of resources to find your service home:

I made an error as I was logging my hours. How can I fix it?

If you have made an error when logging your hours, you can fix the mistake by looking at your hours log in your Student Dashboard. Just find the entry that has the error, and click edit.

If you encounter any further issues, contact Jessica Deal, the Community Engagement Coordinator, at In your email, please indicate which logging entry needs to be corrected, and provide the correct information (date served, location, and number of hours served) so that the entry may be corrected.

What happens if I want to change my Service Track?

You can easily change your Service Track by going to your Student Dashboard and editing your profile. We understand that interests can shift as you go through your college career. If you do change your Service Track, it is important that you continue to commit your service to 1 or 2 non-profits within your track.

I don't have transportation. How else can I serve?

There are many ways to navigate having no mode of transportation on campus